Predictive Recruitment: going further with the Professional Affinity
From now on, you can evaluate the professional affinity between two people through AssessFirst (for example, two internal collaborators, or a candidate and their future manager).
Why have we integrated this new functionality?
At AssessFirst, we know that the quality of relationships we have with other can make or break the success of a business. Take 30 seconds to think about interactions you have had each day with you colleagues or manager. There is a strong chance that things happen in an “obvious” way with certain people, whereas with others it is generally (much) more complicated!
What we wanted to do with Affinity was simply to allow you to have a little more visibility in this area.
Imagine a world in which it is possible to reliably anticipate whether or not it would be pleasant and, mostly, “easy” to work with others. Imagine a world in which you could predict whether or not the new recruit would work well with their future manager.
With the release of Affinity, this is exactly what you can do!
What exactly will this provide me?
Within the #Recruitment context: This functionality means you can anticipate the compatibility between candidate and future manager. Are they as demanding as each other? Will they communicate effectively together? Do they have similar expectations? What kind of atmosphere do they want?
Within the #Management context: If you use AssessFirst in the context of team management, you can anticipate which of your employees can work most effectively with each of their peers.
What information will I be able to access?
When you look at the details of the affinity between two people, you will have:
- A global percentage score (eg. 84%): This score corresponds to the probability that the working relationship between two people will be natural.
- An indicator of similarity/complementariness: This indicator tells you whether two people have similar or different profiles.
Please note that there is no direct link between what seems to be the case and the fact of getting along with someone. Indeed, we can have very different profiles and like each other, as it is possible to have difficulty working with someone who shares many common traits to us.
As well as these indicators, we also calculate
- The relationship of A towards B, and that of B towards A: This instantly shows if the relationship is balanced or rather asymmetrical. For example, A may be able to work with B without the reciprocal being true.
Finally, we have also added seven complementary indicators that help you understand how this affinity will manifest concretely on a daily basis:
- Objectives pursued: Is the ultimate objective pursued by these two people in their work context similar?
- Thinking style: How do they think? Are they pragmatic? Do they think in a theoretical way? Do they concentrate on details?
- Working style: Do these two people have the same approach to carry out their work? Are they conventional? Creative?
- Interaction style: How do they manage their relationships with others?
- Involvement: To what degree do they commit to their work? Are they as demanding as each other?
- Work environment: Are there shared points regarding the work environment they look for?
- Relationships: Do these two people have the same level of expectations regarding relationships? Do they need closeness? Or to have space in their relationship?
How do I find this function?
To consult your affinity with someone, simply connect to your AssessFirst account, go to the profile of your chosen person, then click “Predict affinity”.
From this person’s profile, you can consult their affinity with whomever is present in your database. To see this list, click on the link at the top of the page.
PS. When you use this model, remember that this function, for now, is in its beta phase. This means we are still working to make your results even more relevant. Above all, give us your feedback! It is how we continue to improve our/your solutions.